If you are the owner of Nokia 6.1 Plus then, this post will excite you as we will give you the links to download and install Lineage OS 17.1 for Nokia 6.1 Plus based on Android 10 Q. Notably, Nokia 6.1 Plus came out in 2018 and packed in some decent specs like Snapdragon 636, a 3060 mAh battery, 5.8-inch screen, a dual 16+5MP camera at the back, etc. Moreover, the device came with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box but, since it is based on Android One, it has been upgraded to Android 9 Pie. But, with the help of this post, you will be able to install Lineage OS 17.1 which is based on Android 10.
Matter of fact, this new version of Lineage OS 17.1 brings in a lot of new features and goodies of the latest version of Android 10. All credit goes to XDA senior member Raghu Varma for building this ROM for the Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout). You just need to follow the steps mentioned in this post in order to install the Lineage OS 17 on your Nokia 6.1 Plus without any problems. So without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Nokia 6.1 Plus Plus (b2n-sprout) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout)
First, unlock the Nokia 6.1 Plus bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus (drg-sprout)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download [If broken link, check official forum]
- Download Lineage OS 17.1 Gapps [BitGapps]
- Download and install Android USB Drivers
- Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 Plus
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, boot your device into TWRP.
- Format the data by typing Yes.
- You need to now reboot into bootloader.
- Now again boot into TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Now copy all the files i.e. ROM zip and TWRP installer on your device.
- Flash the TWRP installer and ROM zip.
- Change to an alternative slot. (if you are on Slot a Change to slot b if you are on b change to a)
- Now reboot to recovery mode.
- Flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Wipe off everything except system and vendor.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
There you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys were able to successfully install the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Nokia 6.1 Plus device. Note that you need to follow the above-mentioned instructions in order to avoid any problems while installation. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while installing the latest Lineage OS 17.1 on your device. Until the next post…Cheers!