Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy Tab S3 (codenamed SM-T820/T825) device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Well, Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 was launched in February 2016 which came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie under OneUi.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the XDA Senior member Valera1978 for building this custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825).
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825)
First, unlock the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Galaxy Tab S3.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
- Lineage OS 17
2. 20191013: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z15…ew?usp=sharing
1. 20191010: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gy…ew?usp=sharing
2. 20191013: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Cc…ew?usp=sharing
1. 20191010: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pW1…ew?usp=sharing
- [If broken link, check official forum]
- Download Lineage OS 17 Gapps [BitGapps]
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S3
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Galaxy Tab S3 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
Skip 5 - 7 step if you already have the latest TWRP Recovery
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820/T825) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.