Finally, Android 10 is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. The developer team has started working on the Lineage OS 17 for Sony Xperia M by applying the AOSP source code and Lineage Gerrit. If you want to know about the Lineage OS 17 development for Sony Xperia M, you are on the right page. Please bookmark this page to get the update on all the latest custom ROM for Sony Xperia M.
Sony Xperia M (codenamed: nicki) was launched in August 2013. Talking about the specifications, Sony Xperia M features a 4-inches display with a screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 4GB or 32GB internal memory. The camera on the Sony Xperia M comes with 5MP and VGA front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 1750 mAh battery.
Well, Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Sony Xperia M, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Sony Xperia M (nicki) device.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Sony Xperia M (nicki) by flashing this custom ROM.
What's Working and What's not?
- No Data
- Many are broken
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Sony Xperia M (nicki)
First, unlock the Sony Xperia M bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Sony Xperia M.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Sony Xperia M (nicki) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia M (nicki)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother prnickiss.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Beta Testers only
Lineage OS 17 for Sony Xperia M is still under development and not available for public. If you want to be our beta team, please email us at [email protected]
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the ROM and Gapps file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Sony Xperia M into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot prnickiss will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Sony Xperia M (nicki) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.