Realme X Lite (RMX1851) launched in May 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now, you can download and install LineageOS 16 on Realme X Lite based on Android Pie. Follow the full guide with download links, requirements, and steps to installation.
In order to install LineageOS 16 on Realme X Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s take a look at the features of Android 9.0 Pie and LineageOS 16.
Realme X Lite is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.0 and backed by a 4045 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 16MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 24.84MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Realme X Lite come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Android 9.0 Pie
LineageOS 16 is based on the latest Android 9 Pie OS which is one of the major and most popular versions by Google. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Digital Wellbeing, and more.
- ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
- ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
- Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, TWRP, Stock Firmware
- Based on: LineageOS
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Realme X Lite
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Realme X Lite
- Download and Install DerpFest ROM for Realme X Lite based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme X Lite based on Android 10 Q
LineageOS 16 on Realme X Lite (Android Pie)
LineageOS 16 is the latest Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. It brings all the official Android 9.0 features with more customization options. LineageOS is one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind Cyanogen. It offers frequent software updates as well.
Thanks to one of the senior members of XDA Developers, iamsj7 for sharing the firmware file and guide.
Steps to install LineageOS 16 on Realme X Lite
We have mentioned all the requirements, download links, Drivers, and steps as well to install the Custom ROM on Realme X Lite.
- The ROM file is supported only for Realme X Lite.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least.
- Take a complete backup of your device data at first before doing anything.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Download and install the latest Android USB Drivers on your PC.
- LineageOS 16 zip file: Download
- Boot Image File – Link
- Download TWRP Recovery 3.1.1.o
- Decryption Patch – Download
- Download any latest Gapps file: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package
Steps to Install LineageOS 16 on Realme X Lite:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Realme X Lite.
- Once you have unlocked it, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Realme X Lite.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery.
- You need to flash the Decryption fix file first.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need to Wipe Internal Data on TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now, you need to flash the Pie GApps file. (TWRP > Install > Select GApps zip and swipe to flash)
- Select the Advanced Wipe (system, data, dalvik, cache). [Don’t wipe Vendor]
- Next, flash Boot.img as the boot. [Install Image file]
- Reboot the system. You’re done.
- Additionally, you can flash SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root to enable root access.
That’s it. We assumed that you have successfully installed the LineageOS 16 on the Realme X Lite handset easily. You can ask or share your experience in the comments below.