Good News for all LG V20 owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Lineage OS 14.1 is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the Lineage OS 14.1 seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 (CM14.1 base ROM) developed by albinoman887,, Recognized Developer of XDA forum.
With the new Lineage OS 14.1, you can enjoy the latest feaure which comes with Android Nougat as well as Lineage OS 14.1 features. This is not an official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM built for LG V20, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the Lineage OS 14.1 gerrit. This is an unofficially released custom ROM by albinoman887,, Recognized Developer of XDA forum. The ROM is damn stable to use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20.
As we don’t have any information from LeEco about the official Stock Android 7.1 Nougat update roll out for LG V20. Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on LG V20 which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 (CM14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS 14.1 ?
Lineage OS 14.1 is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still in formation phase. The success of this project.
Lineage OS 14.1 is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS 14.1 does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
* Fixed Ambient Display
* Fixed BT Pairing issues on h918
* Fixed Bluetooth not turning on on other variants (ls997,vs995,us996,h910)
* Fixed default bluetooth device name
* CDMA should work “out of the box” now no needing to play with settings (sprint,vzw)
* Disabled VoLTE and WiFi Calling settings as they are broken and causes random issues when dialing out
* Any and all upstream Lineage updates at time of compile
NOTE: as far as i know whats still messed up now is, low audio in video recording, no VoLTE, Quad DAC, and maybe a couple little things (writing this off the top of my head)
* Fixed Bluetooth Wakelock
* Fixed animation glitch when rotating or sleeping device
* Fixed touch inaccuracy in 270 degree landscape mode
* Baseband now shows in system info
* Lots of Lineage updates
* NOTE: Lineage is removing superuser from main rom and making a flashable zip. for now i’m still including it but this could stop at any time. Basically once they have the zip up on Lineage OS 14.1.org i’ll remove it
* NOTE2: released for all variants but CDMA devices still have the same data issues. I need more then just pople saying “this works” that works i need LOGS people…
- This will work on LG V20 with H918, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 (CM14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the Lineage OS 14.1 Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded Lineage OS 14.1 and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Lineage OS 14.1 zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Lineage OS 14.1 for LG V20 (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.