Google Nexus 6P (angler) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Finally, Liquid Remix ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo has been released for a couple of devices. Yes! Now the ROM is official for Nexus 6P (Codename: angler). You can install the Liquid Remix Oreo on Nexus 6P by following our guide given below. Thanks to all the community of Liquid Remix for bringing the stable custom ROM with many features oriented from Lineage OS, AOKP, OmniROM and more.
To install any Custom ROM on Nexus 6P, the first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and then you must install the latest TWRP Recovery. So if you get any error, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file. Before we jump into installation guide, let's brief about the Liquid Remix ROM history.
Liquid Remix Oreo on Nexus 6P (angler)
Liquid Remix ROM is an age custom ROM developed by XDA Senior member liquid0624 (formerly known as Ryan), along with other devs Apophis9283 (Steaven), Wrongway213 (Tyler) and community contributors. The ROM is an open source built from scratch and developed by the essence of adding many features from all the best ROMs out there. Finally, the developer released Liquid Remix Oreo which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
If you are installing the custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you are trying to install Liquid Remix Oreo on Nexus 6P, then we can assure that Liquid Remix ROM is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what's on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What's in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn't mean Android 8.1 doesn't include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- angler Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Nexus 6P
- List of Best Custom ROM for Google Nexus 6P [Updated]
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Nexus 6P (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP For Nexus 6P
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
- Supported: Nexus 6P (Check the List of Supported Liquid Remix ROM)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest Google USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Nexus 6P:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6P (angler)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Nexus 6P. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Liquid Remix Oreo 8.1 for Nexus 6P.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of Supported Devices to receive Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM
- CrDroid OS - List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features and Releas
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- DotOS review - List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That's it! I hope you have installed the Liquid Remix Oreo on Nexus 6P. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: Anierin Bliss