Finally, Liquid Remix ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie is live for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Yes! Now the ROM is official for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Codename: whyred). You can install the Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro by following our guide given below. Thanks to all the community of Liquid Remix for bringing the stable custom ROM with many features oriented from Lineage OS, AOKP, OmniROM and more.
To install any Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, the first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and then you must install the latest TWRP Recovery. So if you get any error, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file. Before we jump into installation guide, let’s brief about the Liquid Remix ROM history.
Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Liquid Remix ROM is an age custom ROM developed by XDA Senior member liquid0624 (formerly known as Ryan), along with other devs Apophis9283 (Steaven), Wrongway213 (Tyler) and community contributors. The ROM is an open source built from scratch and developed by the essence of adding many features from all the best ROMs out there. Finally, the developer released Liquid Remix which is based on Android 9.0 Pie / 8.0 Oreo.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [Updated]
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Common Redmi Note 5 pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download and Update PixysOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Android 9.0 Pie)
Android 8.1 Oreo based Liquid Remix
Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest iteration of the Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Android 9.0 Pie based Liquid Remix
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Make sure to follow the pre-requisite and read the steps carefully,
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Liquid Remix zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns ROM: Supported Devices List and Downloads
- Mokee OS: Supported device list
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices
- OmniROM: List of Supported devices
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- DotOS- List Of Supported Smartphone and downloads
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
About Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Talking about the specifications, Redmi Note 5 Pro features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 12+5MP and 20MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Credit to Ayan Uchiha Choudhury,