Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip) launched in September 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Finally, Liquid Remix ROM is now live for Redmi Note 6 Pro based on Android 9.0 Pie. Yes! Now the ROM is official for Redmi Note 6 Pro (Codename: tulip). You can install the Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro by following our guide given below. Thanks to all the community of Liquid Remix for bringing the stable custom ROM with many features oriented from Lineage OS, AOKP, OmniROM and more.
To install any Custom ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro, the first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and then you must install the latest TWRP Recovery. So if you get any error, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file. Before we jump into installation guide, let’s brief about the Liquid Remix ROM history.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro features a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixel. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor under Adreno 509 GPU. The handset packs 32GB and 64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Dual Selfie camera with 20MP + 2MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 4000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader at the back.
Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip):
Liquid Remix ROM is an age custom ROM developed by XDA Senior member liquid0624 (formerly known as Ryan), along with other devs Apophis9283 (Steaven), Wrongway213 (Tyler) and community contributors. The ROM is an open source built from scratch and developed by the essence of adding many features from all the best ROMs out there. Finally, the developer released Liquid Remix which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro and Root in a minute
- Download AOSPExtended for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- How to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Android 9.0 Pie based Liquid Remix
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro:
Make sure to follow the pre-requisite and read the steps carefully,
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Redmi Note 6 Pro:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 6 Pro. [Watch Video]
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 Pro. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Liquid Remix zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Liquid Remix ROM on Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.