Sony Xperia Z1 (honami) launched in September 2013. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipop. Finally, Liquid Remix ROM is now live for Sony Xperia Z1 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Yes! Now the ROM is official for Sony Xperia Z1 (Codename: honami). You can install the Liquid Remix ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 by following our guide given below. Thanks to all the community of Liquid Remix for bringing the stable custom ROM with many features oriented from Lineage OS, AOKP, OmniROM and more.
To install any Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z1, the first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and then you must install the latest TWRP Recovery. So if you get any error, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file. Before we jump into installation guide, let’s brief about the Liquid Remix ROM history.
Table of Contents
Liquid Remix ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 (honami):
Liquid Remix ROM is an age custom ROM developed by XDA Senior member liquid0624 (formerly known as Ryan), along with other devs Apophis9283 (Steaven), Wrongway213 (Tyler) and community contributors. The ROM is an open source built from scratch and developed by the essence of adding many features from all the best ROMs out there. Finally, the developer released Liquid Remix which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia Z1
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Sony Xperia Z1
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z1 [Updated]
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia Z1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Xperia Z1 based on Android 10 Q
Android 9.0 Pie based Liquid Remix
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Liquid Remix ROM on Sony Xperia Z1:
Make sure to follow the pre-requisite and read the steps carefully,
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Sony Xperia Z1 (honami)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Sony Xperia Z1:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia Z1. [Watch Video]
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z1. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Sony Xperia Z1.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Liquid Remix zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Liquid Remix ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 (honami).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Liquid Remix ROM on Sony Xperia Z1 (honami). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.