From 2015, the Rocket League vehicular soccer video game stands out in the crowd and after having it for free-to-play, more and more interested gamers are considering it right now. Well, Psyonix has done a great job with this game that offers stunning graphics, improved gameplay, online multiplayer mode, and more. However, it seems that not all the players are finding this game without any issues. Some of the players are reporting that a lock icon on the PS4 is appearing. Now, you may ask What is The Lock Icon Next to Rocket League?
So, a lock icon next to the Rocket League on the PS4 console appears whenever there is an issue with the purchased game license. Though the Rocket League game is free to play on all gaming platforms like PC (Epic Games), PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, those who’ve purchased this game previously (before making it free) may have encounter the licensing issue.
Even sometimes PlayStation system doesn’t understand how the game was purchased which can also occur the same problem. Now, if you’re also facing the same problem with the lock icon then follow the mentioned steps in order to quickly fix the issue.
How to Fix The Lock Icon Next to Rocket League?
- Ensure that your Rocket League game is up-to-date on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Next, keep in mind that your PS4 firmware is also up-to-date.
- It’s necessary that you’re already logged into the primary PlayStation account that was used to purchase Rocket League previously.
- Activate your primary PS4 to ensure that your PlayStation account has been fully activated. To activate it, Sign in with your primary PS account > Go to Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4 > Activate.
- Try to restore the Rocket League license to fix the problem. To restore licensing, Sign in with your primary PS account > Go to the Settings menu > Account Management > Restore Licenses.
- Finally, if none of the methods worked for you, then try contacting PlayStation Support for additional help.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.