Sprint started rolling the latest OTA update for Sprint LG G6 which bring the November security patch update for the Sprint LG G6 LS993. The update comes with build number LS993ZV9 Along with this November Security Patch, the update also fixed the Blueborne Virus exploit on Sprint LG G6. This update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. To Know More about Blueborne Virus, Click Here.
The update has rolled out via OTA (Over The Air) and will soon hit your Sprint LG G6 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, the software version is bumped to LS993ZV9 on Sprint LG G6. The update is a minor update which comes with Blueborne security Patch update. Along with Security update, Sprint also fixed some of the regular bugs and improves system stability and performance.
Table of Contents
What’s Blueborne Virus?
BlueBorne is a new virus which is been attacked by any smartphone wirelessly through Bluetooth. If your Bluetooth is on, then this virus doesn’t require to interact in any way, nor does it require them to pair their devices with the malicious one. It happens completely in the background which allows the hacker to gain access to a device or a network in order to carry out their mischievous work. To know more Check Our Complete detailed study of Blueborne Virus
Check Out the List of LG devices to receive Android 8.0 Oreo. If your device is not there, then upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo via Custom ROM. Here is the list of Supported devices which will get Lineage OS 15.
This update is an incremental update with Blueborne security Patch Update on Sprint LG G6. So we recommend updating your device safe with Blueborne security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Now you can download the Sprint LG G6 LS993ZV9 KDZ Stock Firmware and install it manually using the below guide on How to Install KDZ Stock Firmware on Sprint LG G6. If you didn’t receive any OTA update on Sprint LG G6, then you can use the manual procedure on How to install LS993ZV9 KDZ Stock Firmware on Sprint LG G6.
Read More about Stock ROM and Custom ROM
The latest OTA LS993ZV9 comes with the Blueborne security Patch and update contains various enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes. Now you can enjoy the latest LS993ZV9 build on Sprint LG G6 in Sprint Carrier by following the below step by step guide to flash LS993ZV9 Blueborne security Patch on Sprint LG G6. The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification. Now you can download and install the LS993ZV9 update manually on your LG G6 using our guide below.
- Release date: October 4, 2017
- Android version: 7.0
- Security patch level (SPL): November 1, 2017
- Build number: NRD90U
- Software version: LS993ZV9
- File size: 160MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates
- What’s new: BlueBorne fix (on SPLs November 1 or later)
Download Install LS993ZV9 Stock Nougat Firmware on Sprint LG G6
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Sprint LG G6, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat LS993ZV9 on Sprint LG G6:
- Open Settings on Sprint LG G6.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Flash full Stock Firmware LS993ZV9 on Sprint LG G6 using the below guide:
What is the Advantage of Flashing Stock Firmware :
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on Sprint LG G6
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
Only OTA Available now, it would take few days to get the Firmware build
Hope you installed Stock Firmware on Sprint LG G6 and have completed the steps above successfully. If you have any queries please leave a comment below. Thank you.!