On this page, we will share the October 2020 security patch for the Galaxy M01 with build number M015GXXU2ATJ1. The update is live in all South Asian countries. It is now rolling in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal region.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy M01:
You will get this software update on your Galaxy M01 as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number M015GXXU2ATJ1.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy M01 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy M01.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy M01 (SM-M015G)
- Region: South Asia
- Build Number: M015GXXU2ATJ1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-10-01
- Supported Countries: India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal
How to Install October 2020 Patch on Galaxy M01
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy M01 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (M015GXXU2ATJ1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy M01.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the October 2020 security patch (M015GXXU2ATJ1) on Galaxy M01.