In this article, we have shared the December 2020 security patch update for Galaxy M11 with build number M115FXXU1ATL2. The update is based on Android 10.0 and brings no major changes except security patches and bug fixes. This update is now live in the South American region.
It is started rolling to the South American region such as Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Israel, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), and South Africa. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy M11 with variant SM-M115F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to December 2020 with build number M115FXXU1ATL2.
Check Software Update on Galaxy M11:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to M115FXXU1ATL2, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy M11 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy M11.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy M11 (SM-M115F)
- Region: South America
- Build Number: M115FXXU1ATL2
- Android OS Version: Android 10 R
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-12-01
- Supported Countries: Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Israel, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), South Africa
How to Install December 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy M11
Before jumping into the firmware flashing process, ensure to check out the requirements, and download links. You’ll require to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware flash file, and drivers on your computer. Let’s take a look.
- This stock firmware (M115FXXU1ATL2) is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy M11 model.
- Keep your device charged up to 50% to avoid occasional shut down during the firmware flashing process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable will require.
- Make sure to a full data backup before flashing the software on your device.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Do the manual flashing process at your own risk. Taking a full data backup is always recommended.
- M115FXXU1ATL2 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC
- ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy M11 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve now successfully installed the latest December 2020 security patch (M115FXXU1ATL2) on your Samsung Galaxy M11 device. Have some queries? Let us know in the comment section below.