LG released the latest August 2019 security patch update for LG K20 (M255) model in AT&T carrier USA. It comes with the build number M25520G which is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo. The software update brings some system improvements as well.
The update is currently seeding via OTA for users in AT&T variant. If you have not received then, follow the We have provided a full guide with installation, pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Whenever the device manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device, an OTA update notification will appear. By just tapping on it, it will ask to confirm download the update. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- From the home screen, tap on Apps > Settings.
- If using the Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap on Update Center > System update > Check for update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the LG K20
M25520G: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for LG K20.
- Release date: September 10, 2019
- Android version: 8.1 Oreo
- Region: USA
- Carrier: AT&T
- Security patch level (SPL): August 1, 2019
- Build number: OPM1.171019.026
- Software version: M25520G
- File size: 350.3MB
- What’s changed: Various fixes and enhancements