Jiayu S3 is one of the best budget smartphones out there. It came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. There is no official release of Android Oreo for Jiayu S3. But, don’t worry. Now you can enjoy the unofficial Android Oreo by using this Custom ROM MadOS. Earlier we had shared both the list of AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo and Lineage OS 15. Today we have the new Custom ROM based on AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Jiayu S3 known as MadOS. Now you can download and install MadOS on Jiayu S3 Android 8.1 Oreo based on AOSP (mt6752).
MadOS is the name stands for Mediatek Android developer Operating System. This ROM brings a couple of many additional customizations along with Android 8.1.0 Oreo Updates and feature. MadOS is based on Android Open Source Project released by Google. Now you can experience the real Android Oreo with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
Full Credits to the XDA Recognized developer, superdragonpt who developed this ROM for Jiayu S3 in his free time. Also Thanks to Mad Team for making this possible.
Now you can download and install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Jiayu S3 (mt6752). Along with Android 8.1 Oreo features, The update also adds the latest Security Patch.
Table of Contents
Update MadOS on Jiayu S3 Android 8.1 Oreo based on AOSP
Here you can download and install the latest MadOS ROM for Jiayu S3 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What is Android Oreo?
Android Oreo OS brings features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more. Here you can check the Top 10 features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo:
To install this ROM on Jiayu S3, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of Lineage OS 15.0.
What’s Working and What’s Not?
Whats working? Wifi RIL Mobile data GPS Camera Flashlight Camcorder Bluetooth FMRadio Fingerprint reader Lights Sound / vibration Known issues Native Video Recording ---> However works just fine with camera apps that use SW de/en coding (i.e.: Footej Camera available at PLAY)
- Audio: Fix couple issues introduced by me, on last build
- Audio “media bug”: work was made on this matter, hopefully it’s gone
- UI / UX : improvements
- HWC / SF: many fixs & Enhanced for 8.1.0
- Video / Playback: More Video Playback improvements
- FM Radio: couple issues adressed
- Mem Leaks adressed (introduced on 8.1.0)
- Flashlight : some issues where adressed
- Bluetooth: more work done on A2DP & car-BT
- NFC: better compatibility with TAG reading & MTK protocols & device specific FW
- Other small things: Update APNs, etc …
madOS color Engine:
- Rebased & Many improvements on the engine
- Extended / better support per-apps (messaging; Launcher,etc)
- Extended /better support to theme PowerMenu
- Better support on theming Quick Settings
- Option to override default Google 8.1.0 QS theming
- Easy reset button to get back to default
- This will work on Jiayu S3 (mt6752) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here Is The Full Guide On How To Install MadOS On Jiayu S3:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Jiayu S3 (Most MediaTek device comes with Unlocked Bootloader, So skip this)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Jiayu S3. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Jiayu S3.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
That’s it! I hope you have installed the MadOS on Jiayu S3. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page