Ulefone Metal came out of the box with Android Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android Nougat. The company has stopped the update on this device. But, don’t worry. Now you can enjoy the Android Oreo by using this Custom ROM called MadOS. Yes, you can now install MadOS on Ulefone Metal which is based on latest Android 8.1 Oreo.
Talking about the device, Ulefone Metal features a 5.0-inch IPS LCD HD display with a screen resolution of 720P (720 x 1280 pixel). It is powered by 1.3GHz Quad-Core Cortex A53 MediaTek MT6753 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The device supported to expand the memory with up to 128GB via microSD card slot. Ulefone Metal sports a 8MP rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera for selfies. The handset is backed by 3050 mAh non-removable battery.
Full Credits to the XDA Recognized developer, DerTeufel1980 who developed this ROM for Ulefone Metal in his free time. Also Thanks to Mad Team for making this possible.
Now you can download and install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Ulefone Metal (MT6753). Along with Android 8.1 Oreo features, The update also adds the latest Security Patch.
What is MadOS Custom ROM?
MadOS is the name stands for Mediatek Android developer Operating System. This ROM brings a couple of many additional customizations along with Android 8.1.0 Oreo Updates and feature. MadOS is based on Android Open Source Project released by Google. Now you can experience the real Android Oreo with this ROM.
Here you can download and install the latest MadOS ROM on Ulefone Metal based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What is Android Oreo?
Android Oreo OS brings features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more. Here you can check the Top 10 features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Steps to Install MadOS on Ulefone Metal
To install this MadOS on Ulefone Metal, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of Lineage OS 15.0.
What’s Working and What’s Not?
Working: RIL (Calls /SMS, Data connection, etc) Wifi Bluetooth FM Radio All Sensors Fingerprint Lights Both storages & MTP HW de/encoding Camera (photos and video) GPS & aGPS Audio madOS Extras (the features ya'all used too), plus, some new features we added on Oreo) Bugs: nothing known
Download MadOS for Ulefone Metal
- This will work on Ulefone Metal (MT6753) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Ulefone Metal (Most MediaTek device comes with Unlocked Bootloader, So skip this)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Ulefone Metal. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Ulefone Metal.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features and Release
That’s it! I hope you have installed the MadOS on Ulefone Metal. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page