Last updated on December 24th, 2020 at 12:04 pm
Huawei has released the sweetest update to their Nexus 6P users back in 2016 and released one more update Android 7.1.1 Nougat in December. Nexus 6P comes with Android Marshmallow out of the box. This Update is packed with new Android Nougat features, Several Bug fixes and November Security Patch. The Official Android Nougat for Nexus 6P is rolling via OTA (Over-the-Air). Users will receive a Popup Notification once the Update is ready to download and install. But it may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to update it manually, then follow the below instructions.
To check for the update go to Settings –> About Phone –> System Update. As the update is released via OTA it may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you don’t want to wait for the update then you can manually update Google Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.1 [N4F26J].
- This Update is only for Nexus 6P users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Update Google Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.1 [N4F26J]
- Download Firmware in your PC using above link.
- Unlock Bootloader in your device, If your device bootloader is not unlocked, Then use this guide to unlock the bootloader.
- Extract the downloaded firmware into an empty folder. You will get flash-all.bat file. (as shown in below picture).
- Reboot your Nexus device into Bootloader. (To do that Switch off your device and hold both Volume Down + Power button to boot into bootloader)
- Connect your Nexus device to PC now via USB cable.
- Double click on the flash-all.bat file on Windows.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Your device will automatically reboots.
Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on Android 7.1.1 in the comment section below.