HTC has released the sweetest update to their HTC 10 users. HTC 10 comes with Android Marshmallow out of the box. The Official Android 7.0 for HTC 10 is rolling via OTA (Over-the-Air). Users will receive a Popup Notification once the Update is ready to download and install. But it may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. If you want to update it manually then follow the below instructions.
Android Nougat is already available for many devices Huawei Mate 9, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and many other devices. Below there is step by step instructions for manually installing Android Nougat on HTC 10.
Google calls Nougat its sweetest release yet. Android Nougat is packed with new features which include Multi-Window view, New emojis ,Doze on the Go, Support for DayDream and more. OTA (Over The Air) update is rolling out to many users, but it may take few weeks to reach all corners for the world.
- This Update is only for HTC 10 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Update HTC 10 to Android Nougat Manually
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“.
- Download Nougat OTA Zip for HTC 10 v2.28.617.8
- Extract and copy the ROM files in ADB folder. (ADB Folder will be In C: Drive)
- Connect your HTC 10 to PC
- Open ADB folder and then open the command prompt window by press and hold the shift and right mouse clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Execute the below command to boot your device into Download Mode.
adb reboot download
or Do it manually by turning off your Phone – Press Power Button and volume Down simultaneously
- Now Boot your device to RUUMode by executing below command.
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Now Execute the below command to flash the RUU ZIP file.
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
- Wait until the installation process completes
- Enjoy the sweetness of Nougat.
Let us know your feedback on Android Nougat in HTC 10 in the comment section below.