Today Huawei started rolling the March 2018 security patch for Huawei Mate 10. The update is currently supported for variant ALP-L09 with latest Android Oreo firmware. Now you can download and install the firmware on your device by following our simple guide.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update may take a couple of days or even weeks to reach every corner of the world. To install this OTA update, first of all, make sure you are running on Stock Android ROM without root or mods. Even if you have unlocked the bootloader, then upgradation process may fail. You can follow the below instructions to manually check for the Software update.
How to Check Software Update Manually?
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Tap on Update option and in some phone, you need to go into system menu to see the update option
- Tap Check for updates
- Your phone will now check for updates.
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Mate 10. In case if you find the Huawei Mate 10 March 2018 Security Update build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on Huawei Mate 10.
Steps to March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 10 Manually
If you still not received March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 10, then you can simply proceed with our manual upgradation process. Follow the procedure given below. Download the March 2018 Patch and install manually.
- This Update is only for Huawei Mate 10 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest Huawei USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder.
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei Mate 10 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
I hope you have successfully flashed the March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 10 using this guide. If any queries or feedback, please leave a comment.