Samsung is trying to maintain excellence in terms of providing faster & frequent software updates to its eligible devices from last year. Today Samsung started delivering the March 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S10E which is based on Android 11 R. The update is labeled with software version G970FXXU9FUBD. If you are a Galaxy S10E user, you can now rejoice as you can download March 2021 security patch from this full guide.
It’s worth mentioning that this update is currently live in the European region and will soon be available to other countries as well. As the title suggests, the March 2021 security patch brings system security and performance as well. The update will arrive in batches and currently, it is available to download for Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and Bosnia
Table of Contents
Check for Software Updates
Head over to the device Settings menu >> tap on System >> tap on System Updates. Then press Check for Updates option and the system will search for the latest available software updates.
If available, you should download and install the update. Keep in mind that you must charge your phone above 50% and you must have a working Wi-Fi or faster cellular connectivity. Now, take a look at the firmware details below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10E (SM-G970F)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: G970FXXU9FUBD
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-03-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and Bosnia
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10E
Now, if you want to manually install the firmware file on your Samsung Galaxy handset then you will need to use the ODIN flash tool. But before heading over to the guide, let’s follow the requirements at first along with download links.
- This G970FXXU9FUBD firmware version is for the Galaxy S10E variant.
- Keep your device charged more than 50% minimum.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Take a full backup before doing anything.
- You need the following setup on your PC:
Download Firmware Files
Firmware Installation Guide
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps.
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S10E firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the COM port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.Video Tutorial To Install Firmware
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and installed or updated the latest security patch on your Galaxy S10E (SM-G970F).