Samsung rolled a bug fix update which also bumps the security patch level of the Galaxy S20 5G to March 2021 based on Android 11. As we speak, the update is rolling via OTA with build number G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7 which is now live globally.
With the latest Android security patch level, Samsung has fixed the one critical vulnerability in addition to dozens of high and moderate risk vulnerabilities in the Android OS. We recommend you upgrade your device to this latest security patch of build number G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7. To receive this update, make sure whether you are running the latest iteration. You can always manually check for the OTA update by going into Settings on your Galaxy S20 5G.
How to Check Software Update on your Galaxy S20 5G?
If you want to install the G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7 March 2021 update, then go into settings –> System > System Updates. If you have any update, then you will see a new screen with the software details. You can hit the download now button to confirm the update process.
Ensure that your phone should be charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
If there is no update, then you can manually download and install the Samsung firmware on your Galaxy S20 5G. Well, OTA rollout is a phase-wise manner, it may take a week or months to complete the update process. So patience is important.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981B)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7
- Android OS Version: Android 11
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-03-01
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy S20 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S20 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S20 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- Download the Samsung SM-G981B firmware file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full depth video guide as well.Video Tutorial To Install Firmware
So, make sure to download the March 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy S20 5G model with build number G981BXXS6DUBA / G981BXXU7DUC7. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.