After receiving major update of Android Nougat fr HTC 10, Today HTC has started seeding a new update for HTC 10 running Android Nougat. This update comes with March Security Patch, Bug fixes and improves system stability overall. The update has started to roll out via OTA in a phase wise manner. The update of March Security and improvements bumps the version to 2.46.617.2.
HTC updated HTC 10 to Android Nougat on January month and today another OTA update which still hooked to Android 7.0 update. While most of the Mid range device like OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3 and other OEM manufacturer started receiving Android 7.1.1 Nougat update. The new update of OTA carries software version of 2.46.617.2 which weighs around 560MB runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and not 7.1 Nougat. Now you can enjoy the latest 2.46.617.2 build on HTC 10 in unlocked variant by following the below step by step guide to flash 2.46.617.2 March Security Patch on HTC 10. The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification.
If you didn’t receive the OTA, you can update Nougat 2.46.617.2 on HTC 10 manually using below guide.
- Your phone should have at least 50% of battery.
- Take full backup on your Phone completely before starting to update
How To Manually Update HTC 10 To March Security Update (2.46.617.2)
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on HTC 10, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Settings —> About —> System Update and check for the update manually to upgrade HTC 10 with 2.46.617.2 Android Nougat build.
If you have the RUU Zip file of the latest 2.46.617.2 OTA, then follow below guide to flash the OTA build using below guide.
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock OTA Manually on HTC 10
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download HTC Drivers – Click Here
Steps To Manually Update HTC 10 to March Security update via ADB Fastboot (2.46.617.2)
To update manually HTC 10 to March Security update via ADB Fastboot, you must be running locked bootloader and stock ROM. If you have already rooted then make sure to unroot and then follow this step to 2.46.617.2 update HTC 10 to March Security patch manually.
- First of all enable the Developer OptioTo Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool and Install in your PC/Computer
- Download the OTA RUU zip and copy or move to ADB Folder.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the following command in your command window to reboot the HTC 10 into download mode
adb reboot download
- Your Phone will boot into download mode, if not, you boot into download mode manually by following step below
—-> Power Off your phone.
—-> Press and hold Power + Vol Down at the same time
—-> Once you see the download mode, now you can use the volume down and power button to navigate and select
- Now type the command below on your ADB command window to Boot your device to RUUMode
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Now flash the RUU zip file by following command below (File_name is the name of the file.)
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
- Wait for the ROM or OTA to get installed. Once installation completes, you can reboot your phone.
- That’s it! DONE !!!!