On this page, we will share the March 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S21 Plus 5G with build number G996BXXS2AUBB. The update is live globally. You will get this software update on your Galaxy S21 Plus 5G as an OTA (over the air). If you haven’t received it yet, then check for the OTA update manually by following this:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on Download and Install if you find the new build number G996BXXS2AUBB.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy S21 Plus 5G and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy S21 Plus 5G.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G (SM-G996B)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: G996BXXS2AUBB
- Android OS Version: Android 11 R
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-03-01
How to Install March 2021 Patch on Galaxy S21 Plus 5G
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (G996BXXS2AUBB) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the March 2021 security patch (G996BXXS2AUBB) on Galaxy S21 Plus 5G.