This guide is to Update Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810. Samsung rolled out the Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810 which was released November 2016 came out of box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Now they received the most certainly the last major Android update.
Samsung started rolling the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi for the model no SM-T810. This is an Official Marshmallow firmware Update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810. The update is over-the-air (OTA) for the users and you will receive it on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810 running stock ROM anytime soon. To update your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810, then your Tab must be running STOCK ROM without root. If you still not received the update then you can follow the below steps to see if you have the OTA update for your Tab. If you can’t wait for the Marshmallow OTA update, then you can update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810 to Marshmallow via ODIN Software. This is a simple method, All you need to do is download the Marshmallow firmware for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with Model No SM-T810 from below link and follow the steps on How to update to Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810 Manually.
In case if you don’t want to update via ODIN, then If you are Still waiting for the update and you not yet received any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates
The update has a file size of 1.36GB that brings Android 6.0 to Galaxy A5 2015 SM-A500F and SM-A500FU. Android Marshmallow comes with Google Now on Tap, granular app permission management, Nexus Imprint API for the fingerprint sensor, newer UI design, Doze mode, and some other features.
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled at Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you don’t use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
Steps for How to Update Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi SM-T810
Yes, today i will guide you on How to Update Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi. To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi to Marshmallow, then please follow the steps carefully. Remember this is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi Official Stock Marshmallow Firmware. So you should be on a stock firmware before proceeding.
- Remember : This guide is to Update Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi with Model No SM-T810.
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Tab.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-T810&details=Galaxy_Tab_S2_9_7_WiFi”]DOWNLOAD ROM[/button]
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Tab into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Tab off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Tab to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Tab from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Tab restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Tab , You will have a whole new experience with the update of Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 to Marshmallow update. Enjoy! We have Given the Full guide on How to Update Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi