In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to install AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. This is not an official Android 6.0 Marshmallow build for the Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. You can now install the AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. To Install the custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime your phone must be bootloader unlocked, TWRP, or any Custom Recovery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Root Using SuperSU
- This will work on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime device, Don’t Try this on any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed it on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place them in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Download ROM and Gapps:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP Android 7.0
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into the root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it! Now reboot your phone. You have to Install Marshmallow ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Successfully.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime running AOSP
Here is the step for how to root Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.