Great news for all the Verizon Moto Z3 users out there. Today the company started to roll out the May 2019 Security Patch for the Moto Z3. The update is live with the build number PDXS29.84-30-3. If you own a Verizon Moto Z3 device, then you should be able to receive an OTA update targeting the incremental update in the security patch level signed straight from Google.
Moto Z3 was released last year with Android 8.1 Oreo and currently runs on a stable version of Android 9.0 Pie. So far, things are looking good despite this month’s security patch being rolled out almost too late, when all the other devices are going to be receiving the June 2019 security patch. Nonetheless, it’s still a great thing for Verizon to keep their device updated to latest one.
Following are the firmware details for the May 2019 security patch roll out for the Verizon Moto Z3 :
- Device Name: Moto Z3
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Device Model: XT1929-17
- OS Update: Android 9 Pie
- Build number: PDXS29.84-30-3
- Android Security Patch Level: 01 May 2019
How to Install the OTA Update?
Security Patches are rolled out globally to all the devices at once, so you don’t have to wait for the update to hit your region specifically. We also recommend you don’t try to manually flash update just for the security patch since you will be first in line to receive it as it’s being rolled out anyway. Follow the given steps to update your Verizon Moto Z3 to the latest May 2019 Security Patch PDXS29.84-30-3:
- Head to the Settings App, either by using the App Drawer or by tapping on the gear icon in the quick toggles menu.
- Scroll all the way down, and tap on About Phone.
- Select System Updates and then tap on Check for Updates.
- This will manually search for any system updates over the air, and if there are any available, you can download and install them.
That’s all folks! We hope you guys have already received May 2019 patch on your Verizon Moto Z3 with build number PDXS29.84-30-3. If you have any queries regarding the article, then make sure you leave a comment below, we’d be glad to assist you!