Sprint has started rolling another new update with Google’s latest May Security Patch Update on Sprint Galaxy S8 in US Variant. The update has started to rolling out as we speak to all the users running stock android firmware. The latest OTA comes with build number G950USQU1AQEF for Galaxy S8. If you are running the Stock ROM on Galaxy S8, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy S8 in Phase wise manner.
Along with the May Security Patch update on Sprint Galaxy S8, the update also comes with stability improvements in SD Card, Bixby App update, and other various bug fix and improvements. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can enjoy the latest May Security Patch Update on Sprint Galaxy S8 SM- G950U by following the below step by step guide to flash latest May Security Nougat ROM on Galaxy S8 G950U.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S8
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest May Security Patch Update on Sprint Galaxy S8. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with May Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Flash G950USQU1AQEF May Security Nougat For Galaxy S8 US G950U
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Sprint Galaxy S8, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Nougat G950USQU1AQEF For Samsung Galaxy S8.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Sprint Galaxy S8 to May Security Patch based Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Sprint Galaxy S8 G950U to Nougat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy S8 G950U.
What’s in Android 7.0 Nougat and features ?
Android 7.0 Nougat is the new iteration of Google’s new Android Operating System after Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Thew new OS Android 7.0 has started rolling out from many smartphone manufacturers lately. It is loaded with many features which are not in Android 6.0. This release is Google’s 7th major version of the Android operating system. Google released the Android Nougat first in Beta build to all Nexus and Pixel device. It came out officially on August 22, 2016.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S8
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S8
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy S8
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy S8
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy S8
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest May Security Patch update G950USQU1AQEF on Galaxy S8 G950U.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To May Security Patch Update on Sprint Galaxy S8
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install May Secuity Patch update on Galaxy S8 G950U (G950USQU1AQEF).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Coming SoonGuide to Flash Firmware Using ODIN