Recently Xiaomi released update for Mi5 to Android Nougat , but many of the users still didn’t receive the update. This Mi 5 Android Nougat update based on China Developer ROM MIUI 8 6.12.8 and update is rolling out via OTA. If you want to update Mi 5 to Android Nougat, then you can follow the below guide. The full Recovery ROM for Mi 5 will be available for users very soon but the Android Nougat OTA file and Fastboot file Mi 5 is now available you can be flash via the latest version Recovery mode or Mi Flash Tool. Follow the below guide to update your Mi5 device.
Android Nougat is already available for many devices HTC 10, Huawei Mate 9, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and many other devices. Below there is step by step instructions for manually installing Android Nougat on Mi5.
Google calls Nougat its sweetest release yet. Android Nougat is packed with new features which include Multi-Window view, New emojis ,Doze on the Go, Support for DayDream and more. OTA (Over The Air) update is rolling out to many users, but it may take few weeks to reach all corners for the world.
- This Method is only for Mi5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Download MIUI 8 6.12.8 for Mi 5
How to Manually Update Mi 5 to Android Nougat
1. Download Android Nougat Recovery ROM for Mi 5 from above link and Copy paste it on your device.
2. Now open ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
3. Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and Click on the ‘choose update package‘.
1. Download Mi Flash Tool
2. Extract the ZIP file and install it on your PC.
3. Download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM from above for your device.
4.Boot your device into Fastboot mode (‘Volume Down + Power‘ button)
5. Connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
6. Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy the folder path on the PC.
7. Now open the installed MI Flash Tool and Paste the folder path in address bar of the ROM.
8. Now, click on the ‘Refresh‘ button (Flash Tool will automatically recognize your device) and then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8 6.12.8 China Developer ROM on Mi 5.
9. Wait until the installation process completes.
So Download MIUI 8 6.12.8 ROM for Mi 5 to Update Mi 5 to Android Nougat Manually. If you have any doubts comment below.