Following the release of MIUI 9 v8.3.1 now Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Android Oreo Firmware update is rolling too. It is a part of the same MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.3.1 ROM release. Android oreo update comes along with other important bug fixes and new features. The bug causing Missing titles for bookmarks and Download Manager has been solved. Also, device random reboot issue due to Mi Drop and Mi Mover is now fixed. You can see all the changes and new updates in the changelog mentioned below.
The latest Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Android oreo firmware is gradually rolling out over-the-air(OTA). Apart from that, we have also put the download links for the recovery files and fastboot ROM for the Mi Note 2 that is receiving the latest Android O. You can also find the tutorial below and required tools to install the latest Mi Note 2 Android Oreo firmware.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in October 2016. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Mi Note 2 brings a 22-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
Changelog: Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Android Oreo Firmware
The changelog brings about a number of bug fixes along with the Android Oreo system update. Let’s take a look at the same.
- Android 8.0 Oreo system update
- Fixes the low voice issue during calls
- Solves the contents of the notification bar getting covered by the black area
- Fixes the saved contacts showing as numbers in call log now fixed
- Mobile phone random reboot issue due using MI mover and MI drop fixed
- Missing Titles for ‘Bookmark’ & ‘Manage Downloads’ for Text Size M solved.
- Colored notifications incorrect display fixed
- Users can now discover their favorite apps and games in new Mi Apps
Download Mi Note 2 Android Oreo Firmware
Here is the direct link to download the fastboot ROM and the recovery files that brings the Mi Note 2 Android oreo firmware.Mi Note2 Oreo Firmware Update [Fastboot ROM Zip File] Mi Note2 Android Oreo Firmware [Recovery Zip File]
How to Install Mi Note 2 Android Oreo Firmware
Before performing the latest Android Oreo firmware installation,
- Take a full backup of your device data before updating.
- The following ROM is for Mi Note 2 exclusively. Don’t use them on other devices.
- Ensure your device has a full battery charge.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any possible issue that may occur with your phone while installing the ROM.
Installing the ROM Using Updater App
Step-1 Download the latest Android Oreo ROM based on MIUI 9 for your device.
Step-2 Connect your device to the PC via a micro USB cable, and
Step-3 copy the ROM file downloaded above into the folder ‘latest_rom’ in the internal/external storage of your device.
Step-4 Launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device
Step-5 Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘latest_rom’ folder.
You can see the image below for reference.
Step-6 Lastly, the device will reboot after the installation finishes.
Now, here is another process to flash the ROM on this device.
Using Mi Flash Tool To Install The Latest Mi Note 2 Android Oreo ROM
- First Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
- Switch off your device.
- Long press the Volume key and the Power button at a time to enter the phone into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Extract the files on the downloaded ROM file.
- Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
- Now Open Mi flash Tool.
- Paste into the address bar the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
- Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash should automatically recognize the device.
- Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file
- Wait till the process finishes
- Lastly, your device should now reboot automatically to the latest version of ROM.
See the picture below to refer how Mi Flash Tool works.
So, that’s about it. Flash the latest Mi Note 2 Android Oreo firmware and enjoy. Connect with us through the comment section if you’ve any queries.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest updates regarding latest MIUI 9 based Android O update for Xiaomi smartphones.