Here we will guide on how to download and install MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl). The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo system.
Today Xiaomi started rolling the new firmware update based on the MIUI Global release. The update is confirmed to be running on the software version MIUI 10.0.1.0.OEFMIFH. The update is currently rolling for Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl). The update brings All-new full-screen gestures and UI for Full-screen, along with other improvements and optimizations. MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM V10.0.1.0.OEFMIFH software update is moving around in a phase-wise manner. You can wait for the update to reach your phone or you can manually install the update via our guide given below.
Here below we have given the complete guide to installing the MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Currently, the update is rolling via OTA and will reach every user running MIUI Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2. In case if you still not received then you have to wait for a couple of days or weeks to reach the update on your phone. Don’t worry! Like we said, you can download and install the update manually. Before that, let’s try to check if you have any new update. Read and follow the below instructions to check software update on Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes with Dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with LED flash and 16MP front shooting camera for selfies with LED flash. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2:
- On your Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2, Go to Settings
- Tap on About Phone
- Now tap on System Update
- Wait until you see a screen showing the latest build.
If you have any update, then hit the DOWNLOAD to start downloading. Once the download is done, you can upgrade your Redmi S2/Y2 to MIUI 10.0.1.0. Also, make sure to follow the below important note before upgrading via OTA.
[su_note note_color=”#fbfbbe”]Note: Before proceeding to update via OTA, you must have a proper WiFi connection which is stable enough to download the complete OTA. Also, make sure to charge your phone for at least 60-70% before upgrading your Redmi S2/Y2 to MIUI 10.0.1.0.[/su_note]
Still not received the MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2? then we can try the best solution: Manually install the MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2.
MIUI 10.0.1.0 Changelog:
- All-new full-screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they’re faster, smarter, and more convenient
- All-new UI is tailored for full-screen devices and lets the content take the front stage
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7kqpCjdz6s&t=84s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Steps to Install MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2
Before following the below guide, make sure to download and move the complete zip file to SD card (Recovery method) and also follow the pre-requisite.
Download MIUI 10.0.1.0 for Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl)
- MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (Recovery ROM) – Download
- MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (Fastboot ROM) – Download
- This ROM is supported only for Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2.
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver for Windows and MAC
- Download and Install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC (Fastboot Method)
- Charge your phone to at least 60-70% before upgrading your phone.
- Take a complete backup (Recommended)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Instructions to Install:
To install MIUI 10.0.1.0 on Redmi S2/Y2, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the fastboot method.
I hope this guide was helpful to install MIUI 10.0.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl).