Today Xiaomi started rolling a new update of MIUI 10.2.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5s [ V10.2.2.0.OAGMIXM ] and still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. You can now download and install the update on your Mi 5s (Codenamed capricorn) International variant. Finally, this updates new security patch and fixed bugs found in the old version.
The update is currently rolling over the air for users around the globe. We would also be showing you how you can install this ROM on your Mi 5s. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. Should we?
MIUI v10.2.2.0.OAGMIXM Changelog:
- Fix: Updated Android Security Patch
- Fix: UI elements for switching between cameras during video calls were displayed incorrectly
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- Fix: The button that returns you to an ongoing call overlapped with time
- Fix: Couldn’t restrict floating notifications
- Fix: Couldn’t use fingerprint to unlock the device when it was locked during a call
- Fix: The earphone icon sometimes disappeared
- Fix: Scrolling screenshots didn’t always work properly
- Fix: Recording status wasn’t updated in the Notification shade when a recording was paused
Check Software Update on Xiaomi Mi 5s
The new update has rolled out for the Mi 5s. You can update your Mi 5s to the latest version of MIUI, MIUI 10.2.2.0 by following these steps carefully:
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Xiaomi Mi 5s.
- Now, scroll down and tap on About Phone option.
- Here, tap on Software Update.
- You should now see an MIUI 10.2.2.0 update on Mi 5s, tap on Download.
- Now, wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download has been completed, just tap on Reboot.
- Now, MIUI v10.2.2.0.OAGMIXM would be installed and your device would reboot itself.
For some reason, if you are unable to see any available updates, then you can also install this update manually on your device. Wanna know how? Well, let us first take a look at some of the prerequisites. Should we?
- This ROM would work only for Xiaomi Mi 5s.
- Your Mi 5s should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Make sure that you take a full backup of everything on your device.
- An active internet connection.
Once you have the above prerequisites, its time to download the required tools and files. Let us now move on to the downloads section.
Download MIUI 10.2.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5s
Once you have downloaded the above file for your Mi 5s, you are all set to install it on your device.
Instructions to Install:
A quick note: Make sure that you follow every step carefully. If you didn’t follow any step, then you might end up bricking your Mi 5s. GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI 10.2.2.0 on Mi 5s. Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI 10.2.2.0 on Mi 5s:Guide to Install MIUI ROM On Xiaomi Device (Recovery / Fastboot)
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Download MIUI 10.2.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 5s (capricorn). We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.