Today Xiaomi started rolling a new update of MIUI 10.2.8.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A [ V10.2.8.0.OCBMIXM ] and still based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can now download and install the update on your Redmi 6A (Codenamed cactus) International variant. An update is always great as it brings so many things at times. This new update brings the security patch level to February 2019, optimized system fluency and improved system security and stability.
The update is currently rolling over the air for users around the globe. We would also be showing you how you can install this ROM on your Redmi 6A. Now, if that sounds interesting, let us top into it. Should we?
MIUI v10.2.8.0.OCBMIXM Changelog:
- Optimizations for system fluency
- Improvements to system stability
Check Software Update on Xiaomi Redmi 6A
The new update has rolled out for the Redmi 6A. You can update your Redmi 6A to the latest version of MIUI, MIUI 10.2.8.0 by following these steps carefully:
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
- Now, scroll down and tap on About Phone option.
- Here, tap on Software Update.
- You should now see an MIUI 10.2.8.0 update on Redmi 6A, tap on Download.
- Now, wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download has been completed, just tap on Reboot.
- Now, MIUI v10.2.8.0.OCBMIXM would be installed and your device would reboot itself.
For some reason, if you are unable to see any available updates, then you can also install this update manually on your device. Wanna know how? Well, let us first take a look at some of the prerequisites. Should we?
- This ROM would work only for Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
- Your Redmi 6A should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Make sure that you take a full backup of everything on your device.
- An active internet connection.
Once you have the above prerequisites, its time to download the required tools and files. Let us now move on to the downloads section.
Download MIUI 10.2.8.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A
Once you have downloaded the above file for your Redmi 6A, you are all set to install it on your device.
Instructions to Install:
A quick note: Make sure that you follow every step carefully. If you didn’t follow any step, then you might end up bricking your Redmi 6A. GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI 10.2.8.0 on Redmi 6A. Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI 10.2.8.0 on Redmi 6A:Guide to Install MIUI ROM On Xiaomi Device (Recovery / Fastboot)
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Download MIUI 10.2.8.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A (cactus). We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.