The Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A Prime (V10.3.1.0.NDKMIXM) based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The new update comes with the latest June 2019 Android Security Patch level and improves reading mode. It offers some of the system improvements and bug fixes as well. Now, you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.1.0 global stable update on your Redmi Note 5A Prime (Codename ‘ugg’). The firmware update is quite big as it includes a bunch of improvements and fixes, size is around 1.2GB.
Xiaomi always provides software updates in batches to the device models and IMEI numbers. This OTA update is also rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Redmi Note 5A Prime models globally (ugg). You need to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. If in case, you haven’t received the update yet or want to get the update right now without waiting for long, you can do it manually. Here in this article, we will provide you the full guide to download and installation process on your device.
We have listed the new update changelog below:
Table of Contents
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.1.0.NDKMIXM
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A Prime: Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. If in case, you don’t know all of these technicalities, then wait for the official OTA update notification. That would be great as well.
Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well. But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- The mentioned ROM file will work only on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime (ugg) device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup of your device data before start flashing. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can always restore the data backup easily.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required to connect the Xiaomi device for Fastboot method.
- Next, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac from below.
Download MIUI MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A Prime
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows/Mac PC.
- Next, Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 10.3.1.0.NDKMIXM Recovery ROM | OTA ROM | Fastboot ROM
Check out the full step-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.1.0 on Redmi Note 5A Prime via Recovery or Fastboot method.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully flashed the MIUI Stock Firmware on your Redmi Note 5A Prime device. If you’re facing any issues or have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments down below.