One of the best Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A device (V10.3.1.0.NDFMIXM) based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The new update adds Android Security Patch to June 2019, fixes issue with ending calls, introduces customizable Lock screen clock and many more. Now you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.1.0 global stable update on your Redmi Note 5A (Codename ‘ugglite’).
As we all know that Xiaomi always provides software updates in batches to the device models and IMEI numbers. This OTA update is also rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Redmi Note 5A (ugglite) models worldwide. You need to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. If in case, you don’t receive the update or want to get the update right now, you can do it by manually. In this article, we will provide you the full guide to download and installation process on your device.
We have listed the new update changelog below:
Table of Contents
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.1.0.NDFMIXM for Redmi Note 5A
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Optimization: Big fonts are displayed better now
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A: Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. If in case, you don’t know all of these technicalities, then wait for the official OTA update notification. That would be great as well. Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well.
But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A (ugglite) device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 60% at least.
- Make sure to get a full backup of your device data before start flashing.
- A Windows/Mac PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required.
- Next, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac from below.
Download MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Note 5A (ugglite)
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows/Mac PC.
- Next, Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 10.3.1.0.NDFMIXM Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Check out the full ste-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.1.0 on Redmi Note 5A via Recovery or Fastboot method.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
I hope this guide is enough to successfully install the MIUI ROM on your Redmi Note 5A (ugglite).