Here we will guide on how to download and install MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S (codenamed polaris). The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Currently, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is receiving a stable international/global software update from Xiaomi. It is now rolling out over the air with software version V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM based on MIUI 10. It is a stable version update which will knock into devices globally. The V10.3.2.0 PDGMIXM update steps-up the Android security patch level to March 2019, added face unlock support, redesigned Mi Cloud start page, and fixed few bugs.
You can wait for the OTA to drop into your phone. Alternatively, we have also put up the recovery and Fastboot ROM which you can download and flash manually. We have a dedicated tutorial for installing Xiaomi specific ROMs which we have linked below. Check it out.
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM
Let’s take a look at the official changelog for Xiaomi’s latest MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to March 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- App lock
- New: Face unlock support
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can stay on the Lock screen after using Face unlock
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Optimization: Face unlock efficiency
- Optimization: Face data was recorded too fast
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when battery was low
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: Face unlock prompts didn’t disappear on time
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now
How to Check Software Update on Mi Mix 2S?
All you need to do is,
- Go to your device Settings -> About Phone
- Inside About phones go to System updates > Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt of new software, tap on Download to begin the installation.
After updating your device will automatically reboot to integrate the new updates. It will hardly take a few minutes to finish the entire process. Also, to install the OTA update swiftly, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network to download the update. Make sure you have over 50% juice on your device before installing the new update.
If the above method doesn’t work, then there is another way to upgrade. As mentioned before, we have put up the Fastboot, Recovery ROM zip file which comes with the latest MIUI V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM software.
Download MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S
Here are the latest Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM which packs the latest global stable update for Mi Mix 2S.
How To Manually Install V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM ROM
Before flashing any firmware you have to remember a few guidelines.
- Firmware files provided in this guide are exclusively for Mi Mix 2S. Do not use them on any other devices.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Ensure that you have Latest Xiaomi USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop
- Download Latest Mi Flash Tool
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading.
You have to use the Mi Flash Tool to flash the Fastboot ROM file. If you want to flash the Recovery ROM then you have to use the Updater App. Both methods have been well explained in the tutorial below.How To Install Software Updates on Any Xiaomi Device Using Mi Flash Tool
So, that’s it, i hope this guide was helpful to install MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S. Install the new software on your Mi Mix 2S and keep your device updated. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments section.