Updated on December 24, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the December 2020 security patch update for Mi Mix 3 5G globally with build number V184.108.40.206.PEMMIXM.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G (codenamed andromeda) is still waiting for the MIUI 11 update along with the Android 10 base. As per the new update, the company started upgrading the device to October 2019 security patch. The update is now live with build number V10.3.20.0.PEMMIXM and based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re using the Mi Mix 3 5G Global variant and want to install the update, you can follow this full guide to install MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM. There is no major changes to the update apart from security patch integration.
As we said, this update is now live for users around the globe. If you haven’t received the OTA update on your Mi Mix 3 5G (andromeda), then you can manually install the MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G by following this guide. But before flashing the device via recovery mode, I suggest you check the OTA update on your device.
Check for OTA Manually
Xiaomi is always very quick in upgrading their devices to the latest security patch in time. If you have not received the software version V10.3.20.0.PEMMIXM on your Mi Mix 3 5G, then make sure to follow the below simple steps to check the new OTA on your phone.
- Go to Settings menu > tap on About Phone > tap on Software Update.
- If the latest V10.3.20.0.PEMMIXM update is available on your Mi Mix 3 5G device, then simply download and install it.
Whereas, if the update isn’t arriving on your device, you can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below.
Downloads and Changelog:
Steps to Install MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 3 5G (andromeda)
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G.
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Download Required files
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on your computer as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 10.3.20.0.PEMMIXM – Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Instructions to install
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM update on your Mi Mix 3 5G via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the full-depth tutorial video from below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the MIUI 10.3.20.0 Global Stable ROM on your Mi Mix 3 5G (andromeda) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.