The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A based on Android 8.1 Oreo [V10.3.3.0.OCBMIXM]. The new update comes with the latest May 2019 Security Patch. It also offers so many system improvements and bug fixes as well. Now, you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.3.0 firmware update on your Redmi 6A (Codenamed as cactus) based on the global stable version. The firmware update is quite big in size around 1.72GB as it includes a bunch of improvements and fixes.
The OTA update is currently rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Redmi 6A variants. You need to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. if in case, you don’t receive the update or want to get the update right now, you can do it by manually. Here in this article, we will share with you the steps to download and installation process on your device.
Now, check out the full update changelog at first.
Table of Contents
MIUI 10.3.3.0.OCBMIXM Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update.
If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well.
If in case, you don’t know all of these technicalities, then wait for the official OTA update notification. That would be great as well.
But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- This ROM file will work only on Xiaomi Redmi 6A device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for the smoother installation.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything.
- A USB Cable and PC/Laptop is required.
- Finally, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac.
Download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Next, Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- MIUI 10.3.3.0.OCBMIXM Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Check out the full detailed guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Redmi 6A via Recovery or Fastboot method.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade MIUI on Xiaomi Redmi 6A.