Finally, Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) has started receiving Android 9.0 Pie thanks to the latest MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM. The update comes with MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM V10.3.3.0.PEFMIXM with Android 9.0 Pie feature along with the July 2019 security patch update. Now you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable Pie ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2).
The update is rolling via OTA in a phase-wise manner. It can take few days or weeks to reach every user around the globe to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2). If you have not received the update, you can manually check for the software update by going to Settings > About phone > System update. This way you can upgrade your device to MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable Pie ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2).
If you have not received the OTA update, then follow our guide to manually download and install MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable Pie ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2). The update is simple and easy to follow. You can either upgrade via normal local upgrade option under the software update option or you can install the zip file via TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
- Stable MIUI based on Android Pie
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Game speed booster
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
Download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable Pie ROM
- MIUI V10.3.3.0.PEFMIXM: Recovery ROM
- MIUI V10.3.3.0.PEFMIXM: Fastboot ROM
Steps to Install MIUI 10 Android Pie Redmi S2 (Y2) manually
Make sure to download the pre-required downloadable files and drivers.
- Supported only on Redmi S2 (Y2)
- Your Redmi S2 (Y2) should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers [Required drivers for the 2nd Method in the guide]
- Download Mi Flash tool Application [for 2nd method]
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi S2 (Y2) [You can flash recovery ROM using TWRP]
- Make sure that you take a full backup of everything on your device.
- An active internet connection.
Once you have downloaded the above file for your Redmi S2 (Y2), you are all set to install it on your device.
How to Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Redmi S2 (Y2)
A quick note: Make sure that you follow every step carefully. If you didn’t follow any step, then you might end up bricking your Redmi S2 (Y2). GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Redmi S2 (Y2). Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Redmi S2 (Y2):
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable Pie ROM for Redmi S2 (Y2). We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere or had any questions related to the topic. Then, feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.