One of the best Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 Pro UD device (V10.3.4.0.PECMIXM) based on Android 9.0 Pie. The new update brings Android Security Patch to June 2019 and fixes the regular bugs. Now you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.4.0 global stable update on your Mi 8 Pro (Codename ‘equuleus’).
As we all know that Xiaomi always provides software updates in batches to the device models and IMEI numbers. This OTA update is also rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Mi 8 Pro (equuleus) models worldwide. You need to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. If in case, you don’t receive the update or want to get the update right now, you can do it by manually. In this article, we will provide you the full guide to download and installation process on your device.
We have listed the new update changelog below:
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.4.0.PECMIXM for Mi 8 Pro
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to June 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- New: More clock formats for Ambient display
- Fix: Issues with overlapping in Dual Clock settings
- Fix: Screen didn’t always light up for notifications
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 Pro: Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. If in case, you don’t know all of these technicalities, then wait for the official OTA update notification. That would be great as well. Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well.
But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro (equuleus) device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 60% at least.
- Make sure to get a full backup of your device data before start flashing.
- A Windows/Mac PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required.
- Next, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac from below.
Download MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 Pro (equuleus)
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows/Mac PC.
- Next, Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 10.3.4.0.PECMIXM Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Check out the full ste-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.4.0 on Mi 8 Pro via Recovery or Fastboot method.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
I hope this guide is enough to successfully install the MIUI ROM on your Mi 8 Pro (equuleus).