Xioami, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer is on a roll and is rolling out the MIUI 10 Global stable ROM for many of its smartphones. The new update i.e. the MIUI 10.3.6.0 Global Stable ROM for the Mi 8 Pro UD [V10.3.6.0.PECMIXM] is still based on the Android 9 Pie. An update by the OEM is always a good sign which shows that the company is constantly trying to fix the bugs and also bring in new features for the devices. Moreover, if you are the owner of the Mi 8 Pro UD (codename “equuleus”) then, in this post we will also give you the links to download the MIUI 10.3.6.0 Global Stable ROM as well.
However, note that if you are running the MIUI developer version currently then, flash a stable version to install this new MIUI 10 update on your device. As the flashing of this stable version will wipe off the data stored on your device so, it is advised to make a complete backup of the data before flashing this update. Moreover, the update weighs around 1.4GB in size and all the updates will be rolled out via OTA. So, this would take some time to reach your device. However, if you do not want to wait and want to install the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM on your Mi 8 Pro UD (equuleus), then follow the post till the end to download and install it. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
Download MIUI 10.3.6.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 Pro UD (equuleus)
Note that the MIUI 10.3.6.0 Global Stable ROM update is for the Mi 8 Pro UD smartphone with codename “equuleus”. You might have noticed in the official changelog that this new update brings in the Android Security update or patch for the month of September 2019. You can read the complete Android Security Bulletin for the month of September 2019 by clicking here. Moreover, there is not many new features or anything arriving on the Mi 8 Pro UD smartphone with this update.
You can check for the updates on your device and install the update received on your device via OTA, by following the below steps carefully;
- Firstly, head to the Settings menu on your Mi 8 Pro UD.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the About Phone.
- Here, tap on the Software Update option.
- If the update has arrived on your device then, you will see MIUI 10.3.6.0 update notification.
- Tap on it to install it on your device.
- Once the installation is done tap on Reboot.
- Now, the MIUI 10.3.6.0 [V10.3.6.0.PECMIXM] will be installed and the device will reboot automatically.
However, for some or any reason, if your device has not yet received the MIUI 10 latest version update on your device, you can follow the below guide to install the update manually on your device. Just make sure to take a complete backup and follow the steps very carefully.
- This update is only for the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro UD (codenamed equuleus).
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your data stored on your device.
- You require an active internet connection.
- Firmware: Recovery ROM | OTA ROM | Fastboot ROM
- Download ADB and Fastboot tools
- Download Mi Flash tool
- USB Drivers: Xiaomi USB Drivers
How to Install MIUI 10.3.6.0 on Mi 8 Pro UD (equuleus)
Once you have downloaded the latest version of the MIUI 10 for the Mi 8 Pro UD from the above section and all the other required tools then you can go ahead and install the MIUI Global Stable ROM on your device manually by following the below guide.
With that being said, let us now take a look at steps to Install MIUI 10.3.6.0 on Mi 8 Pro UD. Here is the guide you need to follow to Install MIUI 10.3.6.0 on Mi 8 Pro UD:How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware using Fastboot and Recovery ROM
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to update your Mi 8 Pro UD smartphone to the latest version of the MIUI 10 based on the Android 9 Pie. Note that the future version of the MIUI i.e. the MIUI 11 will be based on the Android 10 which was recently officially unveiled for the smartphones. Let us know in the comments if you faced any difficulties in the above post. Until the next post…Cheers!