Xiaomi in a surprise move is rolling out Android Oreo treat for Xiaomi Mi 5s and Redmi 5. Latest update MIUI 10 8.11.8 packs the new system upgrade for both these devices. The Mi 5s is receiving v8.0 Oreo and Redmi 5 is getting v8.1 Oreo update respectively. Also, with this software, the system is getting more optimized and stable with improvements to device security.
Though the update is as usually taking its routine course over -the air, you can also flash the software manually. Installing the ROM manually will allow you to enjoy the new system update now itself. You won’t have to wait for the OTA to automatically show up. In case you are not keen about manual installation, then you can also wait for the OTA to knock into your devices.
If the automatic software update delays to show up, you can search and capture it yourself as well. Just follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- Go to device Settings > About Phone option.
- Tap on Software Update.
- If the MIUI 10 8.11.8 update is available, it will show up.
- Tap on Download. Download and installation may take some time..!
- After new software finishes installing, you have to reboot your phone.
Download MIUI 10 8.11.8 ROM for Mi 5s and Redmi 5
Like we mentioned above, here is the link to the firmware which carries the latest MIUI 10 8.11.8 and Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo update for Mi 5s and Redmi 5.Download MIUI 10 v8.11.8 Android 8.0 oreo Update for Xiaomi Mi 5s Download MIUI 10 v8.11.8 Android 8.1 oreo Update for Redmi 5
How To Manually Install MIUI 10 8.11.8 ROM on Mi 5s and Redmi 5
Before providing you with the installation guide, there are a few things you have to keep in mind. We have listed the same in the Pre-Requisite section below.
- Use the ROMs on respective devices exclusively. Don’t use them on other Xiaomi phones.
- Make sure to have more than 50% battery charge on your devices.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed with the installation.
Disclaimer: GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this update. Follow the tutorial carefully.
Here is the complete tutorial link, which will help you flash the latest MIUI 10 8.11.8 on Mi 5s and Redmi 5 to enjoy Android 8.0 and 8.1 Oreo update.How To Install Latest MIUI 10 v8.11.8 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5s and Redmi 5
So, go ahead and grab the latest MIUI 10 8.11.8 and taste the Oreo on your Mi 5s and Redmi 5. We hope this guide was useful to you.