Meizu 16X (m1872) launched in September 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will be guiding you on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Meizu 16X.
Today we have something new for Meizu 16X users. If you love custom ROM, then you probably may have heard about the MIUI ROM. MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Xiaomi and also supported for many Non-Xiaomi devices. Earlier we had also shared MIUI 8 and 9 for Meizu 16X.
Xiaomi recently rolled the MIUI 10 for their supported Xiaomi device. If you are a Meizu 16X users, then you can now install the unofficial ported MIUI 10 on Meizu 16X with our simple guide. Follow our guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Meizu 16X. Full Credits to the developer and his dedicated work to bring the MIUI 10 ROM for Meizu 16X.
Meizu 16X is powered by a Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo under FlyMe 7.1 and backed by a 3100 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 12MP + 20MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 20MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Meizu 16X come with a face unlock feature.
Table of Contents
How To Install MIUI 10 On Meizu 16X
This ROM is ported the MIUI 10 to the Meizu 16X, but the developer also claims that this is still in beta stage. With this MIUI 10, you can enjoy the flavor and features such full-screen gestures, a dynamic wake-up ringtone that changes style based on the weather condition and time and also includes several other AI-related features which may favor Chinese users.
To install this ROM on your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X smartphone. If you already have the TWRP, then you can simply skip the TWRP Recovery and Bootloader unlock setup and straightly dive into ROM installation process.
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Meizu 16X | Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu 16X and Root it easily
- List of Best Custom ROM for Meizu 16X [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Meizu 16x
- How to Install Stock ROM on Meizu 16X [Firmware Flash File]
Download MIUI 10 ROM:
Steps to Install MIUI 10 on Meizu 16X:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Supported device: Meizu 16X
- Battery Power: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup before flashing: Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Drivers: Download Meizu USB Drivers on your PC
Instructions to install ROM:
- Skip the Second and Third step if you already have TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Meizu 16X
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Meizu 16X. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 ROM for Meizu 16X and move it to the root of the internal memory.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the MIUI 10 on Meizu 16X. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.