Though Xiaomi has plans to globally release the MIUI 11 on October 16th event where it will also launch the Redmi Note 8 Pro, the new MIUI 11 is already rolling out for a few devices. Out of which Mi 8 SE (codenamed sirius) is also getting the new MIUI OS update. The MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 SE is based on Android Pie and carries the version number V220.127.116.11.PEBCNXM.
It is a stable update that brings updates and tweaks for the device security, game booster, and Xiaomi cloud. Refer to the changelog section to have an idea of what the update brings to the device in its entirety.
As we said, the few devices that are getting the MIUI 11 update will receive it via airborne update. However, OTAs are not going to roll into all the devices or all users sporting a Mi 8 SE. So, what to do in this situation.? Worry not, we have got our hands on the Recover ROM zip file that packs the latest stable MIUI 18.104.22.168 update for Mi 8 SE (sirius).
We have put up the download link below and also a tutorial that will help you install it. Mind you that it is the China ROM and not the global ROM.
Check Software update: V22.214.171.124.PEBCNXM
First of all, try to wait for the OTA to drop on its own. Otherwise, go to device Settings > tap on the About Phone. n there, tap on Software Update. If you see the new update with build number MIUI V126.96.36.199PEBCNXM, then download it using Wi-Fi. It is a system upgrade and with that massive changelog surly the update will weigh in gigabytes. You may have to Reboot your device.
Now, in case the above process did not work for you, then head to the Download section of this post. Grab the Recovery ROM and flash the firmware manually using the tutorial.
Now, let’s check out the changelog note and see the new addition and fixes which the MIUI 11 brings.
- MIUI 11 OS update
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: More clock formats for Ambient display
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Fix: Folder with unimportant notification was displayed even all the incoming notifications were important
- Fix: Issues with overlapping in Dual Clock settings
- Optimization: Improved blocklist functionality
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Fix: Red envelope assistant issues in Mi AI
- Fix: Couldn’t turn Red envelope assistant on and off
- Fix: Red envelope assistant TalkBack compatibility issues
What are the features of MIUI 11.?
Let’s know what are the exciting new features MIUI 11 packs for the devices it will knock into.
- Revamped System UI
Of course when a new system update rolls out that too a new user interface we can expect changes in its appearance, themes, icons. MIUI 11 is no exception. It will bring new icons, card-style UI and new textual design.
- System Ads Limited
Ads run on the Xiaomi device or its apps as the firm generates revenue from that. However, the Ads became a nuisance for users on the MIUI 10. So, with MIUI 11, the system ads will be limited.
- Dark Mode Throughout the System
Some people see Dark Mode as a fad but it is an important feature that helps to save the power of the device. Also, it causes very less strain on the eyes of the user. MIUI 11 will bring the option to enable the dark mode throughout the system for a better user experience.
- Quick Reply
MIUI 11 will allow users to read and reply to messages from the notification center itself. We have seen this feature on the popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger.
- Monochrome Mode
A user always wants to use the device to the fullest but want the device to perform in a power-efficient manner. To fulfill that MIUI 11 brings the Monochrome power saver mode. It will increase battery life by limiting the apps running in the background.
- Always-On Display
One of the most popular features that we see on popular devices is now coming to the MIUI user via MIUI 11. The always-on display will provide information about Date, Time and new Notifications.
- New Xiaomi Community App
The Xiaomi community brings together all the MIUI users present globally. So, with MIUI 11, the Xiaomi Community App will see improvements and new features tweaked with respect to various devices.
- Sunrise Scheduler
The theme of the device can change depending upon what time of the day it is, such as Sunrise or Sunset. This one is cool.
- Other features
Other features will include improvement to the Game Mode, Turbo-charge features, Staus bar optimization, dynamic sound output with options of customization, auto-deletion of screenshots, etc. We believe this is just the beginning. In the coming days, MIUI 11 will bring in more new and exciting features for all devices out there.
Here is the download link for the recovery ROM zip file.
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 SE (sirius)
Before we provide you with the installation guide, you will require some tools and other hardware so as to carry out the installation process successfully on your Mi 8 SE.
Tool Required for Installation
- This guide is exclusive for Mi 8 SE. Do not use it on other Xiaomi/Redmi devices. It will harm the device.
- A PC/Laptop running on Windows OS
- You need to install the Mi Flash Tool.
- Also, you have to download and install the latest ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Before installing the new update charge the battery of your phone up to 50% or more.
Instructions to install:
Here is the complete guide to help you flash the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 SE.Steps to Flash MIUI on any Xiaomi Device via Recovery or Fastboot Method
For better support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial from the link below as well:Video Tutorial to Flash MIUI on any Xiaomi Device via Recovery/Fastboot Method
That’s all, folks. If you got the Mi 8 SE, then try grabbing the MIUI 11 OTA. Otherwise to update now itself, download the MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 SE and install it on your own. We hope that this guide was useful to you. Stay tuned with GetDroidTips for all the latest updates on MIUI 11.