Updated on June 08, 2017 : Updated the new link to download and install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Did you get bored with all custom ROM and Stock ROM built for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Snapdragon variants? If yes, then try MIUI 8 on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Download the latest Stable ROM called MIUI 8 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (Snapdragon variants). If you are owner of Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Now you can enjoy MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Smartphone. This is a MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge which is stable to use daily. You must have a custom recovery on your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. This ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
MiUi 8 is the latest version of Xiaomi released for their smartphone. This ROM is also supported on many other devices from the community called MiUi which is quite known for all. This MiUi 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. This guide is to Install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (Snapdragon variants). This is not an official MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from MiUi 8 community. Now you can download and Install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge using Custom Recovery like TWRP on S7 /CWM.
How To Install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (Snapdragon variants)
MiUi 8 features bring a whole new experience from Stock ROM. MiUI 8 comes with a handful of features which is implemented into ROM by request of Community. The latest features for MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are Mi Cloud Photo Sync,Quick ball – a hovering button, Dual apps, New Calculator, Notes, Photo and Video Editing, Anti-Fraud SMS Security etc.
The suppported Galaxy S7 Edge Model : G9350/G9300
[su_spoiler title=”Full Changelog” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
· New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09).
· New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13)
· New – Set your Lock screen wallpaper as the conversation background (09-13).
· Optimization – Opening contacts in Messaging (08-19).
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
· Optimization – Saved networks aren’t shown in the network list (08-05).
· Optimization – LED notification light turned off by default in permissions (08-05)
· Optimization – Tap the date in the status bar to open Calendar (09-07)
· Optimization – Swipe down for toggles, rearrange toggles (09-20)
· Fix – Holding a notification didn’t give any results (08-19).
· Fix – Notification shade issues in Second space (08-31).
· Fix – Status bar wasn’t working properly with third party themes in some cases (09-01)
· Fix – Issues with volume level notification in Second space when using earphones (09-05).
· Fix – Weather widget issues (09-20).
· Optimization – Changing wallpaper in editing mode (08-19).
· Optimization – Hold the empty spot on the Home screen to enter the editing mode (09-06)
· Optimization – Exit recents automatically to take a call (09-13)
· Fix – Issues with icons after reflashing the device (08-08).
· Fix – FC issues in hidden notes (08-15)
· Fix – Device didn’t respond after updating and rebooting (09-06)
· Fix – FC issues when switching between themes (09-06)
· Fix – Messaging app icon wasn’t marked when messages were received in Second space (09-20)
· Fix – Time flashed in status bar when pressing Home button (09-27).
· Fix – Time wasn’t shown in status bar in some cases (09-27).
· New – Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09).
· New – Slide down to exit fullscreen preview (08-30).
· New – Turn off screenshot sound in screenshot settings (08-31).
· New – The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency (09-13).
· New – Introducing Privacy protection password (10-12)
· New – Added permissions for Lock screen and background notifications (08-19)
· New – Delete synced recordings from the device keeping them in the cloud (09-13)
Clock / Calculator
· New – C button clears current calculation, AC clears all history (08-17)
· New – Automatic font size adjustments for the numbers you enter (08-17)
· New – Long press the numbers to convert them to the Chinese financial characters (08-17)
· Optimization – Colored backgrounds for Alarm (08-23)
· New – Swipe to the edge of the screen to hide Quick ball (09-08)
PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- This will work on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- The suppported Galaxy S7 Edge Model : G9350/G9300
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
ALSO RELATED POST
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on your Device
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on your Device
- How to Install MIUI 8 on your Device
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on your Device
Steps for How to Install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button).
- Before installing any custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking theWipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to WIPE.
- Now Click the Install Button to Flash MIUI 8 Beta.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom ROM (better if you move the custom ROM zip file into root of your internal memory).
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- No need to Install Gapps file. Gapps is preloaded with this ROM.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install MIUI 8 On Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Successfully.