The MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8 is now rolling for all Xiaomi devices. It is mostly a bug fixing update from what it seems. It fixes the MI Video and Music App sudden closing. Also, it patches the equalizer that was not working properly in the previous beta build. To learn about the changelogs in details, refer to the complete official changelog below. Previously, Xiaomi rolled out the MIUI 9 v8.1.18 Global Beta ROM for various Xiaomi smartphones. Though it is not available for all devices as of now, most of them will get it soon.
MIUI 9 is the latest native custom skin from Xiaomi running on the current versions of Android OS. It brings efficient and versatile features like photo editor, fast app loading, Mi Drop file transfer etc. Other supporting feature includes App shortcut, split screen, theme packs etc. The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.25 will gradually roll out over-the-air(OTA) for various devices. Along with that, we have put the download links for the recovery files and fastboot ROM for all those Xiaomi devices that will receive MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.25. We have also put the tutorial and required tools to install the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8 for Xiaomi Devices
Here are the links to download the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8 fastboot ROM and recovery files for various Xiaomi devices.
- Mi 5 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 3/Mi 4 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 3S | Fastboot | Recovery
- Qualcomm Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Special Edition Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 4 MTK | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Note 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5s Plus | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 5A Prime | Fastboot | Recovery
- Y1 Lite | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 6 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 5A | Fastboot | Recovery
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A | Fastboot | Recovery
Here is the complete changelog from Xiaomi mentioning the updates and bug fixes which latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8 brings.
- Fixes the Mi Music force closing
- Solves the Mi Video not working
- Brings fix for App vault force closing after adding calendar events
- Resolves the Equalizer not working properly issue
How to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8
Before performing the installation,
- Take a full backup of your device data before updating.
- The following ROM is for Xiaomi devices exclusively. Don’t use them on other devices.
- Ensure your device has full battery charge.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any possible issue that may occur with your phone while installing the ROM.
Installing the ROM Using Updater App
Step-1 Download the latest MIUI Global Beta ROM file for your required device.
Step-2 Connect your device to the PC via a micro USB cable, and
Step-3 copy the ROM file downloaded above into the folder ‘latest_rom’ in the internal/external storage of your device.
Step-4 Launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device
Step-5 Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘latest_rom’ folder.
You can see the image below for reference.
Step-6 Lastly, the device will reboot after the installation finishes.
Now, here is another process to flash the ROM on Xiaomi devices.
Using Mi Flash Tool To Install The Latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8
- First Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
- Switch off your device.
- Long press the Volume key and the Power button at a time to enter the phone into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Extract the files on the downloaded ROM file.
- Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
- Now Open Mi flash Tool.
- Paste into the address bar the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
- Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash should automatically recognize the device.
- Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file
- Wait till the process finishes
- Lastly, your device should now reboot automatically to the latest version of ROM.
See the picture below to refer how Mi Flash Tool works.
So, that’s all. Flash the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8 and enjoy. Connect with us through the comment section if you’ve any queries.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest updates and downloads regarding MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.2.8.