Xiaomi continues its streak of Beta update rollouts with the release of MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1. It’s rolling for a number of popular xiaomi devices. It brings a good number of bug fixes and a new update for Mi Apps. The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1 fixes the contacts showing up as numbers in the call log. Along with that, the bug causing Missing titles for bookmarks and Manage Downloads has been resolved. Device random reboot issue causing due to Mi Drop and Mi Mover is now solved too. You can see the detail changes and updates in the changelog mentioned below.
The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1 will gradually roll out over-the-air(OTA) for various devices. Along with that, we have also put the download links for the recovery files and fastboot ROM for the Xiaomi devices that will receive the latest Beta iteration of MIUI 9 ROM 8.3.1. You can also find the tutorial below and required tools to install the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.
Changelog: MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1
Here is the complete list of changes and updates that the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1 brings about.
- Fixes the low voice issue during calls
- Solves the contents of the notification bar getting covered by the black area
- Fixes the saved contacts showing as numbers in call log now fixed
- Mobile phone random reboot issue due using MI mover and MI drop fixed
- Missing Titles for ‘Bookmark’ & ‘Manage Downloads’ for Text Size M solved.
- Colored notifications incorrect display fixed
- Users can now discover their favorite apps and games in new Mi Apps
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1 for Xiaomi Devices
Here are the links to download the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.1 fastboot ROM and recovery files for various Xiaomi devices.
- Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 3/Mi 4 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 3S | Fastboot | Recovery
- Qualcomm Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Special Edition Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Max Prime | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 4 MTK | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Note 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5s Plus | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5s | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 5A Prime | Fastboot | Recovery
- Y1 Lite | Fastboot | Recovery
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 6 | Fastboot | Recovery
You may also like,
How to Install MIUI 9 8.3.1 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Devices
Before performing the installation,
- Take a full backup of your device data before updating.
- The following ROMs are for Xiaomi devices exclusively. Don’t use them on other devices.
- Ensure your device has a full battery charge.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any possible issue that may occur with your phone while installing the ROM.
Installing the ROM Using Updater App
Step-1 Download the latest MIUI Global Beta ROM file for your required device.
Step-2 Connect your device to the PC via a micro USB cable, and
Step-3 copy the ROM file downloaded above into the folder ‘latest_rom’ in the internal/external storage of your device.
Step-4 Launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device
Step-5 Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘latest_rom’ folder.
You can see the image below for reference.
Step-6 Lastly, the device will reboot after the installation finishes.
Now, here is another process to flash the ROM on Xiaomi devices.
Using Mi Flash Tool To Install The Latest MIUI 9 8.3.1 Global Beta ROM
- First Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
- Switch off your device.
- Long press the Volume key and the Power button at a time to enter the phone into Fastboot mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Extract the files on the downloaded ROM file.
- Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
- Now Open Mi flash Tool.
- Paste into the address bar the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
- Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash should automatically recognize the device.
- Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file
- Wait till the process finishes
- Lastly, your device should now reboot automatically to the latest version of ROM.
See the picture below to refer how Mi Flash Tool works.
So, that’s about it. Flash the latest MIUI 8.3.1 Global Beta ROM on your respective Xiaomi devices and enjoy. Connect with us through the comment section if you’ve any queries.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest updates and downloads regarding MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.