The Xiaomi Mi 10 (codenamed umi) was released in February 2020 for the global market with Android 10 out-of-the-box. Currently, the handset is running on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 skin. As the company has recently released its all-new MIUI 12 skin, it’s time for the Xiaomi Mi 10. Yes, Xiaomi finally rolled the MIUI 22.214.171.124 Russia Stable ROM for Mi 10. The software is live with the software version V126.96.36.199.QJBRUXM based on Android 10. Interested users can grab it below by following the download link, requirements, and the firmware flashing guide.
It’s a trend or you can say the software update policy for the Xiaomi devices that they will receive the major Android OS update quite lately. However, the company is so much dedicated to its own stock UI called MIUI which is constantly improving with every release. The new MIUI 12 beta stable firmware update from Xiaomi brings loads of new features and plenty of other improvements that you will gonna miss if you’re still using MIUI 11. Currently, the update is live in Russia for the Russian variant of Mi 10 (umi) devices.
Talking about the all-new MIUI 12 update, it brings new system UI, improved system animations, new wallpapers, improved privacy for apps, floating window, redesigned control center, enhanced dark mode, always-on display feature, improved lock screen, revamped stock camera app with features, improved weather details, and more. You can check for OTA updates manually, before heading over to the full update changelog below.
Check Software Updates (OTA)
It’s always recommended to check for the firmware OTA update on your handset to get notified earlier if there is an update available. Xiaomi always pushes the firmware OTA update to its devices in an incremental way to a limited number of units initially. Once the update seems stable enough, the broader roll-out process starts within a couple of days or so. Therefore, all the interested users can manually check for the OTA update via the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates.
Alternatively, the Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi) users can also go to the Software Updater app and check for the same. If there is any latest update available, just download and install it. Make sure to connect the handset to a Wi-Fi network and keep the battery level at least up to 50%.
If in case, you’re not receiving the OTA update notification on your device, then you can manually install the firmware by following the guide below.
Downloads and Changelog
Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engines with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use a camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in-app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full-screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split-screen and floating windows.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open the Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when the Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Font weight is adjusted to Dark mode as well, reducing blur and glare.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in a darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can use custom images with Always-on display now.
- New: Usage history saves all your choices and allows you to come back to them.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to the Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: More than 2000 new Always-on display themes.
- New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
- Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: New full-screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
Game speed booster
- New: You can record key moments of your gaming sessions automatically now.
- New: Voice changer is available now.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Russia Stable ROM for Mi 10 (umi)
Here we’ve provided two methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi device. You can either follow the Fastboot method or the Recovery method to install the latest update.
GetDroidTips won’t be held liable for any kind of error that may occur to your phone by following this guide or flashing any file. Take a full backup before doing anything and proceed at your own risk.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi) only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on the computer. (for Fastboot Method)
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files/tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the video tutorial below for your ease.
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 on your Mi 10 (umi) successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.