Motorola Moto G5S Plus (codename: sanders) launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Finally, Mokee OS has started rolling for Moto G5S Plus based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Yes! The Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus is now officially available to download from the official Mokee website. Download and install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus.
If you would like to try Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Moto G5S Plus (sanders). So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Mokee OS and its feature.
What is Mokee ROM?
Mokee OS is an open source Custom ROM based on AOSP. It was first started by a small group of Chinese developers during the Jellybean rollout, Mokee ROM was China’s first steps into the open source world of Android. The OS brings few customizations which obviously give breath to those who still on Stock ROM. According to Mokee OS, the source code is been frequently updated to keep up with the latest development. The project was started on 12th of December 2012, and from then, the ROM was committed to making better and better.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called MokeeOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the MokeeOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.RELATED POST:
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto G5S Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Motorola Moto G5S Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery for Moto G5S Plus (sanders)
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Moto G5S and G5S Plus [Updated]
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you have installed custom ROM before, then you can try this ROM. The ROM is stable and optimized for daily use. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM Files
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
- This ROM is Supported by Moto G5S Plus (sanders)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s SD card or root of Internal storage.
Step to Install on Moto G5S Plus:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Moto G5S Plus. (sanders)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Moto G5S Plus. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below MokeeOS 8.1 Oreo for Moto G5S Plus.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- DotOS review – List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Moto G5S Plus. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: ISyedSajid