Sony Xperia Z1 (honami) launched in September 2013. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipop. Finally, Mokee OS has started rolling for Sony Xperia Z1 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Yes! The Mokee OS on Sony Xperia Z1 is now officially available to download from the official Mokee website. Download and install Mokee OS on Sony Xperia Z1.
If you would like to try Mokee OS on Sony Xperia Z1 device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have the latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Sony Xperia Z1. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Mokee OS and its feature.
Table of Contents
What is Mokee ROM?
Mokee OS is an open source Custom ROM based on AOSP. It was first started by a small group of Chinese developers during the Jellybean rollout, Mokee ROM was China’s first steps into the open source world of Android. The OS brings few customizations which obviously give breath to those who still on Stock ROM. According to Mokee OS, the source code is been frequently updated to keep up with the latest development. The project was started on 12th of December 2012, and from then, the ROM was committed to making better and better.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called MokeeOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the MokeeOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
How to Install Mokee OS on Sony Xperia Z1
Make sure, you follow all the pre-requisites and download the required files to install Mokee OS on your Sony Xperia Z1.
- This ROM is Supported by Sony Xperia Z1
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Sony USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
Step to Install on Sony Xperia Z1:
- First of all, to install any custom ROM, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia Z1.
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z1. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the required ROM file and move it to your internal storage using USB Cable.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide to flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- How to root your Sony Xperia Z1 using SuperSU or Magisk.
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia Z1
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Sony Xperia Z1
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z1 [Updated]
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia Z1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Xperia Z1 based on Android 10 Q
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Mokee OS on Sony Xperia Z1. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.