Xiaomi Mi Pad (codename: mocha) launched in March 2014. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. Finally, Mokee OS has started rolling for Xiaomi Mi Pad based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Yes! The Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad is now officially available to download from the official Mokee website. Download and install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad.
If you would like to try Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Xiaomi Mi Pad (mocha). So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Mokee OS and its feature.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi Pad features a 7.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels. It is powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi Pad comes with 8MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 6700 mAh battery.
What is Mokee ROM?
Mokee OS is an open source Custom ROM based on AOSP. It was first started by a small group of Chinese developers during the Jellybean rollout, Mokee ROM was China’s first steps into the open source world of Android. The OS brings few customizations which obviously give breath to those who still on Stock ROM. According to Mokee OS, the source code is been frequently updated to keep up with the latest development. The project was started on 12th of December 2012, and from then, the ROM was committed to making better and better.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called MokeeOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the MokeeOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Pad (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Pad [Updated]
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad
- How To Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Pad
How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you have installed custom ROM before, then you can try this ROM. The ROM is stable and optimized for daily use. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM Files
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
- This ROM is Supported by Xiaomi Mi Pad (mocha)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s SD card or root of Internal storage.
Step to Install on Xiaomi Mi Pad:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Pad. (mocha)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Pad. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below MokeeOS 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi Pad.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- DotOS review – List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Pad. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: twu2